What’s the first thing any Android enthusiast thinks of after getting a new device? I am sure you know the answer. Many people don’t go for a new phone unless they are sure it can be rooted. The owners of Android devices with locked bootloaders might need to wait for a working root method but if you got an unlocked device, there’s good probability that you’ll get root and custom recovery for your device.
If you remember, Chainfire released the CF-Auto-Root packages for the T-Mobile and some other variants of the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge even before their public release. As time passes, he’ll be releasing his root packages for other models too. Anyway, unlike other Android OEMs Samsung usually releases too many variants of it flagships based on network compatibility and processor type. This time, however, the company has dumped Snapdragon in favor of its in-house Exynos Octa core processor that has been used in all S6 and S6 Edge models. We recently posted a on rooting the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925I using the CF-Root for the TMO variant.
Our today’s guide is about acquiring root privilege on the Galaxy Edge SM-G925F using Chainfire’s root package. If you have ever owned any Galaxy device and have used to flash or CF-Root, you’ll find the procedure quite easy and familiar.
- root package for your Galaxy S6 Edge: CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltexx-smg925f.zip
- Download and the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- Go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Also, disable Verify App via USB option in Developer options.
Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
Once you are done with the preparatory steps described above, you are all set to with the real action.
- Turn off your S6 Edge and reboot it into the Download Mode. To do so, hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously while your phone is switched off. When you see the warning screen, press the Volume Up key.
- Now unzip CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltexx-smg925f.zip and open the extracted folder.
- Run Odin3-v3.10.6.exe as administrator.
- Make sure the ID:COM port on Odin is highlighted. It shows successful connection between your PC and phone.
- Now click the AP on Odin and CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltexx-smg925f.tar.md5.
- Finally, hit the Start button to trigger the installation and wait until it is finished.
- Your device will reboot automatically.